Does it help to cut down the mold in a room to add 1 tsp. bleach to a vaporizer?
My daughters room smelled musty. I ran a cool mist vaporizer with 1 tsp bleach per gallon of water to kill the musty smell. Does this do any good to kill any mold? I ran it for several days before she moved back into her room. Is this a waste of time?
Answer by kimmie
yes it’s a waste of time, you need to get rid of the mold period. scrub the walls with a bleach solution and repaint her room
Answer by MSC Lieu
You need to apply the bleach directly to the mold to kill it and even then, depending on the species of mold, may not kill it completely. You may need to have a professional take care of it for you. Check with your homeowners insurance, they may cover the cost of mold removal. If you’re renting, check with the rental office, it’ll be cheaper than paying medical bills from mold inhalation. Run your vaporizer a few times with just water outside or in an empty room to flush all of the bleach out of it before anyone stays in the room with it running. You don’t want to inhale vaporized bleach.
Answer by froggie
Probably a waste of time, and if anything potentially dangerous. You should not inhale bleach fumes. Try washing any fabrics in the room. You may need to clean or replace the carpet. Try a dehumidifier, as often humidity causes mustiness.
Search terms for the article:
Can I send a vaporizer to my college dorm room address?
I realize it’s probably not a great idea, but it’s not illegal to own a vaporizer. I’m just wondering if the post office at my college will put my name on some sort of list or something.
Answer by PE2008
You mean like a Phaser or Disruptor?
Answer by peetr
Not a great idea, but probably ok.
Some colleges have a zero tolerance program that’s tougher than the actual laws, so make sure the packaging is secure, and not flimsy.
Search terms for the article:
Can I operate a vaporizer and a ceramic heater in the same room at the same time?
Our upstairs rooms get cold during the winter (down to 64 degrees F when the main floor is at 72 degrees F), so we purchased a ceramic stand-alone heater unit to keep our daughter’s bedroom at 68 degrees at night so she doesn’t get too cold. The instructions on the heater say not to operate it in a moist environment, which is a problem as we also run a vaporizer in her room to keep her nose from getting stuffy. Can I still run the two together, and if not, why not?
Answer by ElDub
As long as you don’t go overboard with the vaporizor you will be fine.
A rule of thumb, for vaporizors is that if there is condensation on the windows there’s too much humidity.
You should of course put them on opposite sites of the room.
Answer by Lincoln6
You can, but operate the vaporizer on high, otherwise one may tend to negate the other. And if you can, run a heater that doesn’t have an open heating element, like those electric radiators.
Answer by peetr
There should be no problem with using both in the same room as long as the vaporizer doesn’t leave the area around it wet . I think the instructions about a moist environment are just to keep the heater dry, ie. don’t use it in the bathtub or on a wet floor . It’s an electrical appliance after all. Some vaporizers produce a very wet mist , especially right at their output. You should make sure it isn’t causing the heater itself or the area around it to get moist. If your daughter is very young, you should consider getting a safer heater like the ones that have no exposed elements . Often they are referred to as ” oil filled radiator style”. They are not only safer, but also very efficient.
What happens if I use a warm mist vaporizer and a cool mist humidifier in the same room?
My 5 year old gets stuffy at night a lot and she is constantly trying to blow her nose but nothing comes out. She has a fairly nice size bedroom so I put the warm mist vaporizer on one side of the room and the cool mist humidifier on the other end. Am I doing more harm than good?
Answer by Sonya
honestly dont know.
Answer by Mr N.G.
The currents cause a conjunction and an indoor self-fueling environmental atmosphere ensues. In laymans terms it produces the by-products of ozone and oxygen.
Answer by Joe
The way I see it…. there is way too much humidity. Too much moisture is good if your hobby is breeding bacteria I’d say use just the warm mist while treating an illness, but cool mist is a little easier to breath. Buy a hygrometer and keep it under 50% humidity to avoid the bacteria growth. Otherwise which ever is easier on your daughter to breathe… warm or cool.
© Herbal Smoke Blend